Fortunately the Milk

Fortunately the Milk - Gaiman Neil I'm so excited I finally got to read this! Fortunately, the Milk is a silly story a dad tells his kids when his trip to the market to buy milk for their breakfast takes longer than it should. It's funny and adventurous with time travel, dinosaurs, pirates, vampires, a volcano, and, fortunately, milk. As my first Gaiman book, it definitely shows his abilities as a storyteller. It's like a modern And to Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street, a book that promotes a great imagination with a strong father/child relationship and without the mildly racist remarks. As a kid's book, it's perfect for more reluctant readers or those who are in-between picture books and chapter books. The book might seem long to younger kids at 128 pages but there aren't chapters or tons of words on each page and the illustrations are detailed and funny and add so much to the story. I enjoyed going back after finishing the book and looking at all of the different illustrations. I mean, look at that cover! Each page is like that! (Though inside they are in black and white.) Still, they're pretty amazing. I really hope you guys check out this book!