Scaredy-Cat, Splat!

Scaredy-Cat, Splat! - Rob Scotton Splat wants to be the scariest cat in school during his class' Halloween party, but doesn't have a scary costume. Splat is a bit of a scaredy-cat himself and finds that all of his friends costumes scare him more than his own. When his teacher reads a scary story in class, Splat get so scared he topples over his jack-0-lantern. When the lights come back on, the class is scared of a new creature in class! But it turns out to just be Splat with his own jack-o-lantern stuck on his head. The class loves it and Splat is happy to be the scariest cat in class. We haven't read any other Splat books as a family, so I'm not sure what the normal structure of these books are. Scaredy-Cat, Splat is loved by both of my kids (ages 6 and 3) but not nearly as much by either me or my husband. It's much more of a silly story for kids centered around a clumsy cat than a funny book for adults. There's no lesson to be learned or plot that matters at all, but the kids love it. And since we only bring this out in the fall, it really doesn't even matter that much. It's definitely not a book I could read over and over, but since my kids love it and giggle so much during it, I've kept it around. This book comes highly recommended by both my kids and is considered acceptable, if completely uninteresting, by me.