Fairy Tale Comics: Classic Tales Told by Extraordinary Cartoonists

Fairy Tale Comics: Classic Tales Told by Extraordinary Cartoonists - Chris Duffy, Bobby London, Joseph Lambert, Raina Telgemeier, Charise Mericle Harper, Graham Annable, Jillian Tamaki, Karl Kerschl, David Mazzucchelli, Craig Thompson, Emily Carroll, Gilbert Hernández, Vanessa Davis, Gigi D.G., Ramona Fradon, Jamie Hernandez, Luke Pearson When I was approved for this one, I decided I wanted to go ahead and read it with the kids to see what they thought. And I'm glad I did because they really enjoyed it! Putting fairy tales like this into comic book form is pretty genius. Those are two of my kids' favorite things! (And I suspect they aren't the only ones.) Gathering seventeen fantastic artists to go along with it is even better! I did have a slight problem adjusting to all of the different styles throughout the book but when I was done it was fun to go back and look over all the illustrations finding our favorites and some new styles we weren't yet familiar with. In the end, I think it really worked! My kids are four and seven and there were a couple stories we had to skip over because they were just too scary or violent, but that's to be expected with fairy tales. They don't fluff up the stories here. But the kids each have their favorites (a couple tales we even discovered for the first time here!) that we've read several times already. I can't wait to see this book in print! If you're kids are fans of comic books or fairy tales, I'd check this one out.*I received an eARC of this on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*