Stealing Parker

Stealing Parker - Miranda Kenneally I just finished this book and honestly, I was a little disappointed with Stealing Parker after reading Catching Jordan. I just wasn't as taken with the characters this time, I think, so it didn't have quite the same impact for me. I had a hard time relating to the small town religious aspect as well. I think the issues being discussed in this book were much deeper than the ones in Catching Jordan, and while I appreciate the discussion on church, God, homosexuality, and acceptance, I just don't think everything came together quite as tightly as it could have. And I was annoyed at the constant talk about Parker's weight and calorie intake and skinny jeans and how she wouldn't let herself eat. I don't really know. I'm still a little surprised by this and let down. Definitely not as enjoyable for me as Catching Jordan nor as well written. I'm hoping I'll be able to put my thoughts into a better, fuller review after taking some time to think about the book.