Matched (Matched Trilogy Series #1)

Matched (Matched Trilogy Series #1) - In Matched, we follow Cassia as she gets ready for her Matching ceremony where the Society will choose her perfect mate for her. All her life, the Society has made the best choices for her, what food she eats, what books she reads, what history she learns. But there is a problem with her Match that sends Cassia on a journey to learn the truth. I'm a big fan of the Matched books and can't wait to read Reached later this year. What I liked about Matched most was the romance between Cassia and Ky. It did seem at times that the dystopian element took a backseat to the romance in the book, but I didn't mind at all. Cassia was a great female lead and both Ky and Xander made great potential matches. The journey we take in learning about Ky, his past, and his possible future is very interesting. And the internal struggles Cassia has concerning her Society and the realities she begins to deal with are very intriguing. I liked Crossed as well, though it definitely has a much different feel. Crossed also brought us Ky's POV, which was a big bonus. And in Reached, we'll get to hear from Xander. Some might be turned off from Matched due to the high level of romance and the similarities of the society to The Giver, but if you like a good amount of romance in your dystopian novels, the Matched Trilogy is a good place for you to start. I gave Matched 4 stars.